Planning to Move During Holidays? 7 Tips for Smooth & Enjoyable Move
With all the excitement and happiness for HOLIDAYS, if you are one of those who are struggling with planning for moving or relocation, surely the tress is high. With all the people around busy in unpacking festive décor, you are among few people who are packing the stuff keeping the festive décor idea at bay. Well, if during holidays you are bound to relocate, worry not! Expert tips can get you out of this trouble and help you in extracting the best festive season enjoyment.
To ensure a smooth and joyful moving from one location to another, planning and organization is the key. Just be sure what to be done, when to be done and how to execute the planning. As holidays are the most exciting day of the year, here are few tips to make your moving during those times an enjoyable one:
- Selection of the Right Timing: Holiday season is definitely not the peak moving time but for movers, it can truly appear to be the busiest time. The reason is so obvious that if you are planning to hire moving specialists, then surely the staff would have their holiday commitments and they cannot appear quickly for your help. So hiring the professional movers in advance with the clear idea of moving idea is essential. Additionally, during holiday times, there will be days when the road traffic will be extremely packed. Even the Australia Transportation Department reports that weekends during the holiday month is the busiest traffic season, so movers are requested to avoid planning to move during this time.
- Choose Budget-Friendly Options: This is that time of the year when buying gifts, paying cheques and surprises are all set to cross the budget barrier and upon this, the expense of moving can be really stressful. But as no task in life can be avoided, even moving when planned wisely can prove to be budgeted. The foremost act one has to take is to avoid moving in the weekends to avoid scarcity of the staff and rather choose a mid-week time. If you are planning for a DIY move then do a little research and choose cost-efficient options like rental trucks, portable moving boxes. Look for alternative packing wraps instead of bubble-wrap such as old newspapers, towels and blankets. Also, seek help from friends and relatives and go ahead with a DIY option.
- Wise Festive Packing: Who would love to see the new moving destination as a bare place with n festive décor? Well, this is really a disappointing idea so be a little careful while packing the things and keep all the festive décor and personal items in a separate box and label it clearly. Make sure to inform the movers about the special box and ask them to keep in front so that you can fetch it instantly as you reach the new place. It is true that the new place is hard to decorate as the yesteryear but few easy tricks like wreaths at the entrance, garland on the staircases etc. Unpacking each item is impossible but little tricks can be amazing and enjoyable too.
- Family Concerns and Issues: Moving is not always a content decision and that also during holidays it is a little difficult. At this time it is very imperative to keep intact the interest of the family members and value their interest and choices. Family with kids find it little difficult to move as the school reports and other important documents and papers should be ready to submit in the new school. Also, kids may find it quite difficult to adjust in the new place. So it is the responsibility of the parents to get them the best of the holiday experience even while moving.
- Kind Act of Donation: Donating things can be a little stressful but highly satisfactory too. As the holiday season is up there are numerous people who seek help and donations to celebrate the festive time. Donating things to charities is a benevolent act that will give you peace of mind and also an easy way to put the unused materials to the right use with the right person.
- Safety Concern: Unfortunately, the maximum house breaching takes place during the holiday season. In the months of November or December, maximum robbery cases are reported thus, it becomes crucial to maintain the safety of the new place you are moving in. Make sure to install the security system as soon as you reach the new place. Contact specialists to install the security system prior to your moving time and get the job done. Safety of your belongings and family is a great responsibility. Also, stay alert and be attentive!
- Keep an Eye on Weather: As in Australia, the weather during the holiday season is so pleasant and warm but the unexpected rainfall can spoil your plan and the moving boxes too. So be prepared with waterproof materials to cover your materials and also gear up with rain protection accessories like a raincoat, boots etc to protect self and family. It is always better to be prepared to face the emergency condition.
With these tips, you can effortlessly turn your move into a pleasant experience. Remember, the moving is sure to take place so why panic, be calm and patient and everything will fall into its place with no pain. Just keep yourself and family engaged and joyful with some together time!. For the rest of the stress, packers and movers are there to assist!