Social Distancing is an act of maintaining a greater distance than the normal physical distance from people in order to avoid direct contact with people, places, or things during the outbreak of an infectious and deadly disease. In today’s era, the most common type of social distancing is ‘quarantine or self-quarantine’.
Moving a home or an office is somewhat different now than it used to be earlier. You have to follow some essential guidelines in order to make a contactless move and reach your new home safely and securely.
Following Social Distancing While Making a Move!
It is quite difficult to maintain a six feet gap while moving- whether it’s a commercial move or a residential one because moving is an activity that requires two or more persons to help you. If you don’t have anyone to assist you it may be possible that you come in semi or full contact with a person loading and unloading your cartons in a truck.
The best solution to the problem is hiring a professional removalist company, so that you have no contact with any of the persons during any of the activity of the- whether it’s packing, loading, or unloading. If you are feeling pressured and no longer able to handle social stress, then it’s the correct time to leave everything on the experts who have been trained in the pandemic to maintain appropriate social distance leading to a perfect move without harming anyone or anything.
Maintaining Social distance in Case you are Renting a Truck!
Similar to professional removalists, almost all rental truck providers are working during this pandemic by modifying their work guidelines as per social distancing measures. Taking the booking orders on phone calls instead of physical meetups, setting vehicle pick up and drop off locations different from branch locations, etc are the most common examples of it.
You can go through the website of professional removalists or rental truck providers, whoever you are hiring and personally suggest to them the precautions you want them to take while providing you services. Of course, the rental truck providers sanitize the trucks before using them. But you can take some precautions like wiping down the truck with disinfectant during pick up and drop off, being extra careful with seat belts, door handles, steering wheel, etc in order to make a safe and cautious move.
Social Distancing During Usage Of Storage Facility
Storage facilities have not been the same as they used to since this deadly pandemic has arrived. Most of the removalist companies have decreased their on-site staff and restricted the number of persons accessing the units at one time. Also, it is mandatory to maintain a six feet distance between two persons whether consumer or service provider. Wearing a face mask, sanitizing your hand before and after unloading your belongings to the warehouse are some common safety practices.
The highest safety measure you can follow is to go for a unit with drive-up access that will allow you to pull your vehicle up next to or into your space to load and unload your valuable belongings.
Other General Tips To Make A Safe Move During Covid-19
- Even after following social distance the risk of moving increases by working in a group. Therefore you must hire professional movers and packers and allow them to pack, load, deliver, unpack everything while you are in a separate space to make your move completely safe.
- It is also essential to plan and schedule everything as to how you will be going to move and pack your possessions.
- You must practice good hygiene by wearing tight-fitting face masks, washing your hands after appropriate intervals of time, and sanitizing the required surfaces in order to avoid any health risks.
- This is not the right time to buy packing materials from local grocery stores, rather you should use the boxes you have currently in your house or ask the removal company you are hiring to pack your belongings. The companies sanitize all of their high-quality packing materials, also making you free from the exertion of packing things.
- Contact and hire professional movers like Pro-Removalists Adelaide who will not help you to move safely but also provide you proper guidelines to follow social distancing and making a secure and risk-free move.