If you have ever been to the packing stage of a move, then you know that the day can be a long haul full of ups and downs as you try to get all of your things in the truck and into the right place. From the time that you get to the truck, through all of the paperwork, dealing with delays and bumps along the way, there are many ups and downs. In this article I am going to talk about how to start the moving day. You want to be prepared so that you don’t panic on the big day. Here are some tips to help you get started on the right foot.
Pack the Last of Your Items
For some people, when they are packing their belongings for a move they don’t want to have to pack the last of their items. There are times when you have so much other stuff to pack that you might not be able to squeeze everything in during the day. This is especially true if you are moving to a different city or state. In this case, it’s best that you leave some of your items at home. However, you do need to pack the last of your items so that you know that it will be there when you get there.
- If you are planning on packing your things before the move, then make sure that you use boxes and totes that are sturdy.
- There are many types of boxes that you can get for this purpose but just make sure that you choose one that is made for moving materials.
- You don’t want anything to break during the move. Also, it’s important that you pack your things carefully because you don’t want them to be scattered all over the place.
- The last thing that you need to pack before you leave is important because this way you can ensure that it will be there the next time that you move. The reason why you want to pack it last is because you don’t want to burden yourself with the packing again once you get to your new place.
It’s always good to be prepared so that you won’t have to deal with all of the work once you get to your new home. When you pack the last of your items it will also be less stressful because you already know that it will be there the next time. No matter what kind of moves you will be making, it’s always good to be prepared so that you won’t end up cramming everything.
Set Aside all your valuables and move them yourself
The day of the move is always stressful, and the last thing you want to be doing is trying to figure out what to do with all your valuables. On a moving day, most people will have a plan for how they are going to pack up their things, but for those who don’t there are a few simple steps you can take that will make life a lot easier on you on moving day.
- The first thing you want to do is make sure you have a full idea about the exact things you are packing and where you are packing it. Knowing this allows you to know if you are packing too much or too little, which will help cut down on the overall time it takes you to load up your belongings and move them to your new home.
- You also want to make sure that you set aside all your valuables to avoid any hassles on the day of the move.
- If you have valuables in the truck or at home already packed, then you can skip the packing altogether and just load up your things into the truck. Most people pack up their most important belongings and leave the rest behind. However, this is not the best way to go about packing your valuables.
- Leaving valuables behind causes problems that can cause unnecessary stress on moving day. If you are worried about having to pick up your valuables on moving day, then just lock all the doors and windows and hide your things in a dark closet or somewhere out of sight. This will eliminate the need to worry about your valuables and will make your move and the whole experience go much more smoothly.
- Another great step you can take to ensure you have everything packed and ready to go is to have all your bills ready and in one spot. Many people worry that they will lose everything if they forget to get bills and they tend to be buried under many different bills. You can easily find a special place to keep all your bills and receipts for when you move. This can make the entire process go much smoother.
Knowing that everything is accounted for before you begin your new home can also prevent you from getting nervous while packing because you might be forgetting something important.
Ensure Moving Day Safety
One way to ensure moving day safety is to follow the recommendations and standards set forth by the Better Business Bureau. The Better Business Bureau can help you find reputable movers and ensures that they have customer service satisfactory enough to work with. If you are hiring a company, check references and ask about insurance.
- Many movers have insurance to cover any damage or theft of property during the move. However, it’s important to make sure they have enough coverage so that you are adequately covered in the event of unexpected circumstances.
- Another way to ensure moving day safety is to check with friends, family or neighbours who have recently experienced moving. They may be able to provide advice about which companies to avoid or how to reduce the risk of any problems.
- They may also be able to provide you with contacts for insurance companies that specialize in moving, or can at least refer you to such an entity.
- The most important factor when choosing a moving company is their ability to listen to your needs and expectations. If you are moving from a familiar location, consider contacting the previous owners to see if any of them had any suggestions as to how to reduce the risk of problems occurring.
- Perhaps there was a fire or flood in the area that you were moved to that was controlled by the company. You can always try to contact the prior owners if you can, but if not, this may be a great opportunity to find out what others’ experiences have been with different companies.
Choosing a company that listens to your concerns about the potential dangers can help ensure moving day safety.
Meet the Movers to avoid confusion
If you are one of the people in a big family who has to make a transition from one house to another in a city like Melbourne, it is always better to plan your move in advance and meet the movers so that there is no confusion on the Moving Day. This is because meeting the movers in person gives you the opportunity to discuss all the details related to transportation, loading, unloading, unpacking, etc. Thus you will be able to avoid confusion on the moving day itself.
- There are a number of reputed moving companies in Melbourne who make it their business to provide a personal meeting between the clients and the movers and this is the best way to avoid confusion.
- The company personnel make all arrangements for the convenience of their clients and this includes providing the customer with proper directions to reach the new place.
- The customer can also make use of the online reservation facility provided by these companies to make the necessary travel arrangements without any hassle.
- The only thing that the client has to do is make his payments beforehand and the rest of the arrangements will be taken care of by the experienced team.
- The professional team of movers from Melbourne will meet you in the most professional manner possible and they will discuss all the aspects of the moving and then prepare a detailed plan that will explain all the aspects to their customers in a lucid manner.
- Once the client is completely satisfied with the plan, he can sign the contract and release the keys of the house to the hired team. The entire process will be very quick and the moving can be completed within a stipulated period of time.
Thus it is really important to meet the movers to avoid confusion on the Moving Day itself. The professional movers have tie-ups with leading car rental services, so that they provide their clients with pick-up and drop-off points at their convenient destinations.
Double-Check for Forgotten Items
On moving day, if you have forgotten some of your personal items, you will have to go through the process of retrieving them one by one.
- First thing on moving day is to pack all your essential personal items such as your bed sheets, pillow cases, and comforters as well as toiletries like soap and shampoo.
- Then you will have to go through each and every item one by one to make sure that they are in their new location. This can be quite a daunting task, especially if you forget a few things and this can really make packing for moving day a disaster.
- If you have not packed your items yet, then it’s important that you leave them at least two days before the actual movers arrive so that your items will have ample time to be unpacked. The more time that is allowed for unpacking, the better for your items as this gives them ample room to be examined.
- During this period, you can check your boxes and see whether any of them are damaged, cracked or missing any of their contents.
- You can also look over the condition of the boxes to see whether they are in fact in good condition or whether they are just badly damaged.
- After checking all the boxes and their contents, it is now time for you to load them in the transport vehicle. To do this, you will have to make sure that your items do not exceed the weight limit that is stipulated by the company.
- Always remember that excess weight should always be borne by the owner. If you are using a lot of expensive items, then you should call the movers company ahead to see if there are any additional charges for transporting your items. This is to ensure that you do not incur any extra costs that you did not expect.
Provide Directions and Contact Information to the Movers
It is not always necessary to provide the contact information of the mover, because in some cases, the mover may have already provided contact information to you.
- In that case, the best thing to do would be to provide a secondary list of contact information in case the primary mover is unavailable or does not return your call on a moving day.
- This secondary list can also serve as a courtesy to those who called on a moving day to confirm their availability. It is, however, important to note that most commercial movers require a minimal deposit before they start moving, and a good faith estimate should also be given before the work begins. Any additional charges should be clearly indicated in writing.
- This will also help the mover keep a record of all the materials, equipment, furniture or house improvements that are to be moved, so that he or she knows exactly what is to be covered, how much is available and when they will be transported.
- If it is necessary to give contact information that is not that of the person who will be moving in the truck, such as the owner or representative of the property, a representative from the company will be glad to take care of such details.
- Some companies also have escorts or bodyguards who can accompany the truck carrying the items to ensure their safety during the actual move.
- A typical representative would ask the client to sit in the passenger seat while the movers move large, heavy items like beds, televisions, computer equipment and more to the truck that needs to be transported.
- There are times, however, when it may be necessary to provide directions and/or phone numbers of the mover companies that specialize in the type of move in question. In that case, these companies will happily arrange for pick-up at the new location of the clients’ choice, at the expense of an additional charge.
- Once all the moving materials have been unpacked and the movers are on the way, the truck will return to the customer’s place, most often without a bill.
Clean and Secure Your Old Home on the House-moving Day
Moving day is fast approaching and you have no idea what to do with your old home. You don’t want to throw it away because you think that you have nothing to put in it and therefore, don’t know what to do. But don’t worry, help is at hand for you if you are thinking of moving to a new home-and don’t want to leave the place as is.
You can clean and secure your old home the day before you move to another house on the house-moving day by hiring a professional to do it for you. A professional will ensure that all your old stuff is out of the way while you pack up your belongings for storage.
There are a few things that you must take care of before your old home goes on the store-moving lists.
- First of all, make sure you secure your doors and windows. It is very important that you do this because if you don’t the person who comes to clean your old home might break something or worse, hurt someone.
- Doors and windows should be secured so that there is no way an unwanted guest can get into your house and hurt himself.
- The next thing that you must do before moving to a new place is to clean and secure your old home. This means that you should get rid of everything that you don’t need such as old furniture, antiques and family heirlooms.
- Then you should seal and secure your old home in order that nothing will happen to it once it is moved to its new location.
Contact our house-moving company at Melbourne for a safe move
Contact our house-moving company in Melbourne for a safe move into your new home. Whether moving across town or across the country, there are many moving tips for people moving to a new residence that should be followed. Even if moving trucks and crew are not included in your moving plans, contacting a moving company in Melbourne is still a good idea. Once, you contact our house-moving company in Melbourne for a safe move into your new home, you will know how to get in touch with their skilled workers and you can have your move taken care of.
There are many ways to get in touch with our moving company in Melbourne.
- First, check the Internet to find our moving company in Melbourne that offers free quotes, then call at 1800842066 to schedule a free move estimate.
- You may also ask your friends and family members who live close by for recommendations.
- You will receive an immediate reply from our house-moving company in Melbourne with all of the details needed to schedule a moving estimate.
- You will also have the option to ask questions, and our moving company in Melbourne will answer any other questions that you might have. For safety reasons, contact our house-moving company at 1800842066 in Melbourne for a move so you can ensure the safety of your possessions and you can have confidence in their moving abilities.
With our moving services in Melbourne, you can rest easy knowing that your belongings will be moved in a professional manner that leaves you with peace of mind!