How to Plan a Move on Short Notice (Without Losing Your Mind)
There are times when we need to make immediate plans for a variety of reasons. Some of them may be important, but there are also times when you just cannot wait until the last minute!
If you have family coming to visit for a week or two and if you are in between jobs or looking for a temporary position, you may have to plan a quick move. You may not have a lot of time, however, to find an apartment, and if you do happen to have an apartment available, you may have to leave it behind. In this case, you should know how to pack your belongings to worry about any problems at all.
When you plan a move on short notice, you should first decide how you will get all your belongings to the new place. Whatever you plan to do, you should plan this as soon as possible so that you will not waste any time getting things together.
When you are packing your belongings, you should always try to fill them systematically. As long as you remember to pack in an organised manner and not overload yourself, you will never have to plan a move on short notice without losing your mind!
Keep reading to frame your notions of how to go about the same.
A Master Plan Always!
One of the main reasons why so many people decide to move house on short notice is because they have such a huge master plan. If you have any kind of a plan, it is probably right up there with mine in importance.
So let us take a minute and talk about how exactly we can all make such plans. You can take several steps, but to do one work, it helps if you know what your strategy is and how to implement it.
You do not need to sit down and write out a master plan or anything like that. What you can do instead is to make as many big decisions as possible at one time. This is best done by keeping a written record of everything said and done during the process. It is much better if you can get someone else to write it down for you! The more hands that are involved in this process, the less likely you are to forget something!
Whatever you do, make sure that you have an actual written plan that you can refer back to. You do not want to get into trouble by not having anything planned. This plan will serve as a road map to always know where you are and how you move.
After all, this is one of the most important things to do.
Give Away Unwanted/Unused Stuff!
Before moving out, people usually want to sell their old belongings, throw away stuff, give away to charity, or have some free time. It is a good thing that they think about it because it is the best time. While packing the house, people should think twice whether they need certain items. The reason being that once the moving is over, there is no way to return things to their previous state. People can decide to sell these things off or throw away or give away to charity.
- When packing home before the move, people should make sure that they remove all the useless and unimportant things first.
- Things like pictures, old clothes, books and other stuff thrown in the dustbin should be first taken away.
- Many companies specialise in giving away things to charity or to anyone who wants their stuff removed from their house. These companies usually have a contract with charity organisations, which sell off these unwanted and unused products.
- You don’t have to be a charity yourself to donate your unwanted and unused things to any of these companies. You may even contact them and ask them to send someone for you to throw your stuff away for you.
There is nothing like having someone helping you while trying to free up some space in your home.
Know Your Stuff’s Whereabouts!
When you are moving, it is essential to know where your stuff is going while moving house. Some people are not good at packing and storing their belongings, so they have to hire movers or friends to help them pack and store their belongings when they are moving. Many tips can be used for your own moving needs, whether you are hiring a friend or family member to help you with the move or doing it yourself.
- The first tip that will help you with packing your belongings while moving is to have everything broken down in categories. This is an excellent idea if you have too much clutter because it makes it easier to know what you are putting into each box.
- You should also make sure that all of your personal effects are marked, so you do not pack them in the same way and then try to put some of your items in one box and some of your household things in another. This will help you know where everything goes.
- The other most important thing that you need to know when moving is what you are moving to. You should make sure that you only take with you as much of your household goods as you need with you in your car since there are many different sizes of cars and they will have different amounts of stuff that they can carry.
- If you only bring three sets of clothes or shoes with you, then you might be lucky and be able to get a van that has enough room to transport everything without having to worry about the weight on the move.
- If you are moving a long distance, then you should let someone else do this, so you do not have to be responsible for all of the moving, and you will not have to go through the trouble of loading and unloading everything into the car, before making it to your new home.
Always Trust In The ‘right Moving Supplies’
While packing your home, it is essential to choose the right moving supplies to make your move easy and stress-free. Using the right supplies not only makes moving easier but also ensures that the action goes on smoothly. A movement requires a lot of preparation on the part of the individuals involved. There are several factors to consider before choosing the right moving supplies.
- You will need storage for all of your personal belongings, including furniture, boxes, and other items. You will also need a truck or van to transport all of your belongings, as well as any household items.
- While choosing the right supplies for your move, you will need to determine what you will be storing, how large this storage needs to be, and what kind of container would be best suited for your needs.
- Once these supplies are chosen, it is time to decide where you are going to pack everything. Packing materials can vary significantly in price, depending on the item’s type and size and the company you choose to purchase from.
- While there are various supplies available, many people choose to use boxes and tape to keep their belongings safe during their move.
- Before making your decision, it is essential to speak with a professional who can provide information regarding which packing supplies are best for your needs.
Leave One Spot To Get A ‘breather’!
If you are planning to pack and move home alone, it is good to prepare your home to have enough time to do all the packing.
- One of the most important things to do before packing is to leave one room in advance to take some breathing time while packing and moving home.
- It is better if you leave the bedroom as empty as possible to leave one room and prepare for the next.
- You should leave at least one hour before you start unpacking so that you can get some fresh air in your room and to settle down. The reason for doing this is to allow yourself some time to rest after the hectic packing process.
- Moreover, it gives you enough time to decide and reflect on things so that you won’t be confused when unpacking.
- The next room to be prepared is the bathroom where you are about to move and the living room. Since you will be packing and moving home alone, it is recommended to leave the bathroom and the living room as empty as possible. This will give you enough time to freshen yourself and check what you need in these rooms before you start moving.
- The kitchen is another room that you must leave empty to prepare yourself properly for the new life you will live in. Leaving one room free is also a good idea to make the kitchen more spacious and ready for your family. The kitchen is considered as one of the most used rooms in the house.
In this way, you will have a clear idea of what you need to put in these rooms not to end up wasting your time looking for something when you get to your new home.
The key to packing for moving is to keep your focus when moving home. While packing your home, you need to be as organised as possible to avoid the problem of tripping up while transporting your things from one place to another. If there are boxes that you do not want to part with, then you should ensure they are correctly organised in the cart you use to transport them.
- To pack everything you need for moving, you need to have a list of what you should pack, where you want to store it, how much you want to fill each box and what you would like to keep inside the boxes.
- In addition to all this, you also need to decide how the box should be opened to facilitate quick packaging when you reach your new home. Once you have these decisions all settled, you can start packing.
- The second most crucial thing after throwing away things should be boxed containing these useless things. These boxes should be kept in a place where they cannot get lost. A small step for making the moving easier is using packing tape that holds the boxes secure, and also it protects your floor.
- To help you make things a little less hectic, you can ask some family members or friends to help you out. They can offer their assistance at no cost to you, so you won’t have to worry about compensating them for their help.
- Apart from all these planning and preparation stages, you also need to have a checklist while packing for moving to keep track of all the essential items you need to move. Keep this checklist with you and refer to it while running around your home, and when you need to locate a particular item to buy or pack for moving. It is only after you have used up most of your packing allowance that you will need to go to the next stage of packing for driving, which is unloading the items into your new home.
Contact Us For A Smooth Sail!
If you have decided to contact a right house removal professional for a move, then the first thing you have to do is plan well and contact us!
Once you have planned everything, the next step that you should contact our ‘white-glove’ house removal professional agency for a move, you choose our removal service with years of experience to not waste any time or money!
You need to ensure that you check out our company’s reviews and call our customer executives at 1800842066 to be sure about the quality of the services that we provide.
This is a significant move, and you need to make sure that you choose OZ Removalists, an Australian professional and efficient removal company to help you with everything. And, of course, we are the BEST!